Last week, the History News Network put out a call to nominate The Least Credible History Book in Print. The New York Times gave this process a boost with an article on Independence Day. The top 5 nominees are in and they are:
- The Jefferson Lies: Exposing the Myths You’ve Always Believed About Thomas Jefferson by David Barton
- The Real Lincoln: A New Look at Abraham Lincoln, His Agenda, and an Unnecessary War by Thomas DiLorenzo
- 1421: The Year China Discovered America by Gavin Menzies
- Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination that Changed America Forever by Bill O’Reilly and Martin Dugard
- A People’s History of the United States by Howard Zinn
You can vote at the History News Network and here below.