Got me all nostalgic so I thought up these tests to see if you might be from Portsmouth.
1. When people ask you where you’re from, you say, “Porchmuth, Ahia.”
2. You know where the Stadium is.
3. You know where the Shoelace Capital of the World is: Porchmuth, Ahia.
4. You can identify yourself as a “river rat” or a “hilltopper.”
5. You know what a “double-dip” and a “pickle-dip” hamburger is (hint: grease is involved).
6. Your car or truck probably costs as much or more than your house is worth.
7. You have gone sled riding on a levee.
8. You know at least three “Kentuckyen jokes.”
9. You know who Al Oliver, Larry Hisle and Don Gullett are.
10. You know where Southern hospitality begins.
Jim and anyone else from Porchmuth: Feel free to add some of yer own on. (Note: Previous sentence ends in a preposition. If you’re from Porchmuth, you don’t see any problem with the place that preposition is at.)